Wednesday 28 January 2015

I'M IN!!

So last year I applied for a course at Otago Polytechnic. (Sort of a cross between university and tafe). I received a letter a while ago saying that I was not accepted as the class I wanted to be in was full, but I was allowed to be on the wait list. Well on Tuesday I got a phone call saying that someone pulled out and I have a chance to be in. I had an interview today, well, what I thought was an interview, but I actually got in. It was a pre-orientation. It was amazing. It is classed as full time study, but I only have classes on Thursdays and Fridays 9am-5pm. I thought that was great. I could imagine it will be a hard course, but it would totally be worth it in the end. This means, because it is only two days a week, and only until 5pm at the latest, I can still work as per usual, and I will get plenty of time to spend with my best friend, Kat. It will be amazing. I am studying a national certificate in Human Services, majoring in Disability Support. Another cool thing, is that my sister Bex, is also studying this year. I found out today that she will be in the same block as me, and we will be having orientation together, and we have course on the same days, Kat was saying yesterday that she is keen to study something too. It would be awesome if she could get into a course that she wanted over here, then we could live the real scarfie life. Nana Rua was fantastic today. When she found out I was accepted she was very proud, she took me to warehouse stationary and let me spend $50. She is so lovely.

Anyways, just thought I would let you all know how proud I am of myself. :)

D


No comments:

Post a Comment